Blue Hat Bakery-Café
- 101 - 1505 2nd Ave West (Anderson Street entrance)
- Vancouver, BC V6H 3Y4
- Phone: 604.734.4488
Blue Hat Bakery-Café at Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts is located at Granville Island. The bakery-café offers French inspired pastries, hand-made confectionaries and baking along with artisan sandwiches, light lunches, and fresh and frozen prepared meals to-go for enjoyment at home. The menu changes regularly and is overseen by an award-winning team of international pastry and culinary chefs hailing from around the world. Special menus are often created for various holidays throughout the year and for local city events.
Guests can choose to dine indoors in a bright and spacious café while taking in the stunning marina and the city skyline views. Outside, guests can partake their food and drink under the twinkle of string lights overhead on large heated, covered patio as they watch the bustling energy of the island go by.
Blue Hat Bakery-Café (Anderson Street entrance)
Open Wednesday – Sunday 9:00AM – 5:30PM
Dining Average Cost: $8 - $20
Special Menus: $35 - $55
Dining Style: West Coast
Special Features: Water & City Skyline Views, Wheelchair Access, Socially Distant Dining Space, Heated Outdoor Covered Patio, Limited Complimentary Parking
Private Rentals: Please enquire
Blue Hat Bakery-Café is part of Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts, Vancouver’s premier, professional culinary education training center. Firmly committed to providing educational excellence, the institute offers diploma granting Culinary Arts, Baking & Pastry Arts and Wine Spirit Education Trust (WSET™) certifications. Led by a faculty of globally experienced, dedicated and talented Chef-Instructors, students enjoy small class sizes, comprehensive hands-on training as well as extra-curricular culinary opportunities. For the public, the institute offers cooking classes, teen camps during school breaks, as well as a variety of themed cooking classes, corporate team building programs, private bookings and catering opportunities.
- Buy Out:
- Largest Private Room Capacity: 60
- Max Capacity Banquet: 60
- Max Capacity Reception: 90
- Total Number of Private Rooms: 8
- Total Restaurant/Nightclub Capacity: 90
- Fully Accessible:
- Free Parking:
- Group Bookings:
- Group Rates:
- Maximum Group Size: 60
Seasons Of Operation:
- Year Last Renovated: 2014
- Year Opened: 1997
- Exhibits Space 1
- Description Blue Hat Bistro is our fine-dining restaurant and has been host to private party buy-outs as well as numerous corporate and fundraising events. 1 or more of our 8 professional culinary kitchens can host hands-on team building cooking classes with an option to dine in our licensed restaurant space. Minimum booking size is 12pp - Maximum sit-down 60pp. Pending availability. Full information regarding our variety of booking opportunities is listed on our website under the 'Catering & Group Events' tab.
- Largest Room 60
- Total Sq. Ft. 1000
- Reception Capacity 90
- Space Notes Audio video requests can be accommodated. Free Parking. Granville Island Habour views. Windows into our professional kitchens allow our restaurant guests a glimpse into the culinary training of our students.
- Banquet Capacity 60
- Number of Rooms 8
- Classroom Capacity 20