Snow Show Expo Contest
Official Sweepstakes Rules
No purchase necessary to enter.
1. SPONSOR: Metro Vancouver Convention and Visitors Bureau (“Destination Vancouver”), Suite 210 – 200 Burrard Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, V6C 3L6, Canada (the “Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: 2023 Snow Travel Expo Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of Victoria or New South Wales (N.S.W.) who are at least 18 years of age or older at the Sweepstakes start date. Employees of the Sponsor or companies associated with the promotion of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Sweepstakes participants must have purchased tickets to the Snow Travel Expo in Melbourne or Sydney and subscribe to the Sponsors consumer newsletter.
5. REQUIREMENTS OF POTENTIAL WINNERS: Except where prohibited, a potential winner must complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within five (5) days of notification. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, the prize may not be awarded.
6. PRIZE: Two (2) winners will receive two (2) nights at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, two (2) nights at the Sheraton Wall Center, $250 CAD Ticketmaster Gift Card, $75 CAD Gift Card to Bonta Italian Ristorante and one (1) Authentic Player Vancouver Canucks Jersey.
All activities and accommodation are to take place between October 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024. Hotel reservations are based on space availability and are not redeemable in part or in whole for cash. Room nights cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions, special offers, discounted rates or conferences rates. Room nights at each hotel must be used consecutively.
ALL EXPENSES, COSTS, AND TAXES NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED ABOVE ARE SOLELY THE WINNER'S RESPONSIBILITY. The approximate retail value of the prize is $2,000 CAD. The actual value may vary based on time of stay and currency exchange rates. Any legal documentation required for travel, including, but not limited to, valid passports and/or visas, shall be the responsibility of the winner and their travel companions. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight or event. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets. The prize is not transferable. No cash or other substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor who may substitute a prize (or component thereof) with another prize (or component thereof) of equal or greater value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. THE PRIZE MAY BE REPORTED AS INCOME TO A WINNER AND THE WINNER MAY BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT AND REPORTING OF ALL APPLICABLE TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OF A PRIZE. CONSULT WITH YOUR TAX ADVISOR FOR MORE INFORMATION.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by the Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
9. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Except where prohibited, in cases of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of the Sponsor, or in cases of breach by the Sponsor of any of its obligations under these Official Rules, by participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree not to make any claim against the Sponsor, its members (including but not limited to member hotels or attractions) its affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the "Released Parties") relating to your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from your participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree to compensate any of the Released Parties if they incur or suffer any loss, damage, or other liability as a result of your negligence or breach of these Official Rules. And you agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, winner agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Province of British Columbia, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of British Columbia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of BC or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than BC.
11. RULE AMENDMENTS: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Sweepstakes Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Sweepstakes.