Business resources - Tourism Advocacy
Coalition of BC Tourism & Hospitality Businesses
As part of a recently formed Coalition of BC Tourism & Hospitality Businesses, Tourism Richmond, Destination Greater Victoria, the Tourism Industry Association of British Columbia and the BC Hotel Association issued a news release to raise our industry’s concerns in response to the proposed inter-provincial travel ban. You can read the full release here.
The Coalition has engaged with media to ensure that our industry’s voice is heard. Please share on your channels the coverage below to amplify the message from our sector.
- Business in Vancouver - Tourism sector fears “disastrous” effects if B.C. halts leisure travel from Alberta
- CBC On the Coast with Gloria Macarenko (Interview starts at 1:29:27)
- 980 CKNW The Mike Smyth Show (Interview starts at 26:00)
- News 1130 - Ban on Interprovincial Travel Would Be Unconstitutional: Tourism Association of BC
- Globe and Mail - British Columbia Looks to Create Its Own Pandemic Bubble