Media Visit Guidelines
If you are a journalist producing feature-length content, in a high-audience outlet that will inspire travel to Vancouver, you may qualify for some level of trip support.
We receive a very high number of media requests and regret that we can’t assist in all cases.
Media Hosting Blackout Period:
Destination Vancouver’s media hosting black out period is from mid-June to mid-September due to high-occupancy in city hotels. With that said, there may be flexibility with certain key opportunities – so don’t hesitate to get in touch and we can discuss on a case by case basis.
Media Visit Guidelines:
- We require at least four weeks’ notice of your visit to assess the level of support we can provide.
- Media may be asked to submit an Assignment Letter from their outlet and provide three recently published clips.
- After your visit, Media are required to send us copies of any articles or broadcast that resulted from your assisted visit. We are unable to assist with future media requests from media who fail to provide us with results.
- Destination Vancouver does not routinely provide complimentary airfare or ground transportation.
- Destination Vancouver does not guarantee complimentary or press rate accommodations, meals, tours or experiences. Complimentary arrangements are provided at the discretion of the host businesses, and Destination Vancouver, and are subject to availability.
- Destination Vancouver does not solicit support for one-night stopovers unless media are on assignment.
- Destination Vancouver does not host media in Vancouver’s high season (mid-June to mid-September). In addition, certain dates may be subject to media support restriction due to citywide meetings & conventions, large festivals and events, and public holiday weekends.
- Film crews: Destination Vancouver cannot arrange necessary work visas or film permits. You need to organize this yourself. Destination Vancouver can provide contact information.
- Destination Vancouver does not provide assistance for personal travelling companions.
To request assistance, please complete our Media Information Form.