Destination Vancouver’s Digital Assets
Destination Vancouver is the destination marketing organization responsible for promoting Vancouver as a preferred travel destination worldwide. As the official tourism organization for the City of Vancouver, we have a number of digital assets including photography and footage, inspired by the spectacular beauty of Vancouver, its vibrant urban domain and its cultural diversity. These assets are for use in promoting Vancouver as a travel destination of choice.
Destination Vancouver purchases rights and leases assets for our online galleries and manages a large volume of quality, high-resolution images and high-definition b-roll footage. These rights protected assets may be used royalty free at no cost provided usage meets our Digital Asset Usage Guidelines below. Assets remain property of Destination Vancouver and the originating artist.
Digital Asset Usage Guidelines
Our digital assets may be used for the following purposes:
1. Sales and marketing campaigns promoting travel to and within Vancouver including tactics such as advertising in the form of newspaper, magazine, online, tradeshow and outdoor, print materials, travel professional destination brochures, websites for Vancouver conferences, as well as blogs and websites.
2. Editorial coverage by travel and trade media.
Our digital assets may not be used for:
3. Any commercial purposes outside of tourism promotion.
4. Commercial advertising of non-tourism products including advertising supplements within newspaper and real estate materials.
5. Placement on souvenirs, commemorative books, guidebooks, DVDs or others consumer goods such as clothing for retail or resale.
6. As fundraisers for causes, charitable organizations or political organizations.
7. Any way that is deceptive, misleading, defamatory, and discriminatory or reflects negatively on Destination Vancouver.
Our digital assets may be used by:
8. Travel and trade media.
9. Meeting professionals who are working with Destination Vancouver towards selecting or promoting Vancouver as their next meeting or convention destination.
10. Travel professionals who are working with Destination Vancouver and are promoting Vancouver as a leisure destination in their campaigns and initiatives.
11. Member businesses of Destination Vancouver.
12. Governmental bodies engaged in tourism promotional activities.
13. Lower Mainland Tourism Alliance (LMTA).
Use of Destination Vancouver’s digital assets requires:
1. Credit to the source of ‘Destination Vancouver’.
2. Provision of a copy of your final output to the Destination Vancouver Marketing Services Production Co-ordinator.