The Days is an intimate duet created by English choreographer Theo Clinkard in collaboration with the Finnish dancers Maria Nurmela and Ville Oinonen. Caught in a loop of impassioned exchanges, Nurmela and Oinonen trace a journey that echoes a lifetime shared, in a compelling performance about care, resilience and the desire for connection. Presented by The Dance Centre with BC Movement Arts as part of Nordic Bridges, a year-long initiative led by Toronto’s Harbourfront Centre fostering cultural exchange between the… more
The Dance Centre
- 677 Davie St
- Vancouver, BC V6B 2G6
- Phone: 604.606.6400, Toll Free: 1.877.649.3010
Established in 1986 as a resource centre for the dance profession and the public in British Columbia, The Dance is a multifaceted organization offering a range of activities which is unparalleled in Canadian dance.
The Dance Centre:
- supports dance professionals through programs, residencies, resources and services;
- presents performances and public events featuring all genres and styles of dance;
- operates Scotiabank Dance Centre, one of Canada's leading dance buildings and a hub for dance activity;
- and provides information about dance through the BC Dance Directory, the BC Dance calendar, and other resources on its website, thedancecentre.ca.
- Partially Accessible:
Seasons Of Operation:
- Year Opened: 2001
- Description Scotiabank Dance Centre has a board room, a production/presentation space and two multipurpose dance studios which are suitable for meetings, receptions and special events. Full details and theatre tech rider: http://thedancecentre.ca/facility_rentals/rentals.
- Largest Room 200
- Total Sq. Ft. 2852
- Theatre Capacity 154
- Number of Rooms 4