Dive into the world of 'Mini Mud Monsters' at our Terra Lab STEAM learning space from March 18th to 28th, Sundays through Thursdays, from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Come and explore our special educational programming led by our enthusiastic interpreters. Delve into the fascinating realm of environmental remediation, where we'll uncover the vital lessons learned from Britannia Mine's battle against acid rock drainage. Discover how rainwater's interaction with oxygen and exposed minerals can lead to this natural occurrence… more
Britannia Mine Museum
- 150 Copper Drive
- Britannia Beach, BC V8B1J1
- Phone: 604.896.2233, Toll Free: 1.800.896.4044
Greatest show under earth!
Britannia Mine Museum opens up a little-seen world that fascinates all ages, turning out awe-inspiring sights and memorable family experiences.
- Rumble aboard our underground train as it rolls into authentic mining tunnels.
- Push up your sleeves and try our Gold Panning Pavilion where you can keep what you find.
- Explore 10 acres of historic buildings.
- BOOM!, an immersive, live-action special effects experience inside the historic Mill No. 3 building.
- Learn and engage with our interactive exhibits.
- Take a tour with informative but informal tour guides sharing fun facts about mining, history and life at Britannia.
Find us on the Sea to Sky Highway 10 minutes south of Squamish or 45 minutes north of Vancouver.